Know Your Rights: New General Agreement 2019 - TAFE (Part A) (TUT)
20 places available
Start: Thursday 3 June 2021 - 9.00am
Finish: Thursday 3 June 2021 - 5.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
This essential course is one in a series of two, designed for those who wish to learn what is where in The Red Book. This course will cover new and amended entitlements that make up the new General Agreement 2019.
Participants will leave this course knowing how to navigate The Red Book and with a better understanding
of some key conditions in the first half of the new General Agreement.
Join Ramona at this introductory one-day course to explore clauses that clarify your rights and entitlements relevant to your work place.
On completion of this course members will have:
- Knowledge of how to navigate the 2019 Red Book to explore key clauses including salaries, allowances and leave entitlements.
- Skills to access and interpret information in agreements and awards.
- An awareness of the processes and procedures that ensure rights and responsibilities are adhered to by parties.
- Simple problem solving strategies to help manage issues if they arise at the workplace.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramona Mitussis - TAFE Organiser
General Membership - TAFE
Trade union training leave
Members in TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to manager through your normal leave application process. You will be applying for Trade Union Training Leave of 7.5 hours per day.
- Provide manager with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.